Friday, November 25, 2011

Where's the Music?

It seems that Gabe always wants some type of media running. His preference is movies but if he can't get that he wants CD's with stories or music. Because Gabe often chooses to shout phrases and lines from the movies or stories I have decided to really limit the amount of movies and stories he plays. Because his fine muscle coordination is not good, he is not allowed to touch CD's and DVD's, because I don't want them all scratched up.
Tonight Angels' friend Marv came over. He is very musically talented. He, Dirk and Fred 'jammed' together on piano, violin, guitar, and banjo taking turns playing the various instruments. It was glorious! In the midst of all of the beautiful music Gabe comes after me. He is angry because I promised a CD earlier when I had no idea what was about to spontaneously happen right there in our living room.
"You said you would put on music!" he shouted.
"Relax and listen," I said, "and you will hear music."
Thankfully within a few minutes he was singing along with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment