Monday, August 15, 2011

Too much Time

How can one person have so little to do, when another person has so much to do?
I was trying to get some sewing done today. Gabe had seen a bag of potato chips on the table. I promised him some at lunch. He had just eaten breakfast, a late one, so I told him that lunch would be in 3 hours. He watched his one movie of the day and still there was 1 hour and 45 minutes left until lunch.
I thought that he was just going to sit there on the couch and watch the clock until it was time for lunch! He whined about any of my suggestions. Unfortunately it was pouring rain so I couldn't send him out to play. Finally after about 45 minutes, he came and sat on the stairs that go through the sewing room. He began to talk to me about how much he liked potato chips. He used to eat potato chips when he lived in KY. On and on he went.
"You know how to read the clock," I said.
Since he was not getting anywhere with the potato chip thing, he began to obsess over the dust on the stairs. After a few minutes of this, he got up and went to get the broom and dust pan. He took plenty of time sweeping up the dust. Soon it was time for lunch.
"Thank-you for sweeping the stairs," I said.
"Now I can eat potato chips," he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment